Sunday, August 28, 2011

Neil Roberts - Surrending to Stuckness: VIDEO by Pema Chodron

Nice post by Neil Roberts - been there, done that - still learning. I have to say, however, I did not get to do the "globe trotting to exotic spiritual destinations, studying with a Tibetan lama" - I just went straight for the enormous library of dharma books. From The Interdependence Project.




Surrending to Stuckness: VIDEO by Pema Chodron
Submitted by Neil Roberts on Wed, 8/17/2011


I’ve been a “serious” meditator for a little over a year now. And it took me an entire frenzied year of consistent practice, globe trotting to exotic spiritual destinations, studying with a Tibetan lama, and amassing an enormous library of Dharma books to realize that my “seriousness,” cleverly disguised as determination, was my biggest problem.


At first, meditation was the glorious “out”, the perfect remedy to years of distraction, self-criticism, and all the ensuing frustration. The more I read, googled, and you-tubed, the more I resonated with the theories and teachings of the meditation traditions. They addressed every conceivable problem I saw in my life.

Read the whole article.

Here is the video he included in the post.


No comments: